Circular Procurement in the Construction Industry
Di Wu is a PhD researcher at the Department of Management in the Built Environment (MBE) of the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment at TU Delft. She works under the supervision of Prof.dr.ir Vincent Gruis, Prof.dr. Paul Chan, and dr. Tong Wang. She is interested in the circular transition in the built environment and focuses on the integration of circular economy with the construction procurement process to facilitate circular transition. In this video, Di introduces the notion of Circular Procurement. She then describes the seven stages of Circular Procurement and their critical components.
- Circular procurement is the procurement process of circular solutions. It relates to how an organization anchors its circular ambitions in business processes, puts them on the market, and implements interactions with the market and supply chain partners internally and externally.
- Circular construction procurement can be divided into seven phases: Planning, Criteria Specification, Tendering and Selection, Contracting, Designing, Realization, and Evaluation.
- The critical components of Circular Procurement are: Selection Criteria, Contracting Methods, Measurement Tools for Circular Performance, and New Stakeholders and New Roles for Existing Stakeholders
- EIT Climate-KIC. (2019). The challenges and potential of circular procurements in public construction projects. https://www.climate-kic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Procurements-in-Public-Construction.pdf. Accessed 20 March 2023
- Housing Europe. (2022). Circular renovation in affordable housing. https://www.housingeurope.eu/file/1109/download. Accessed 20 March 2023
- (2017). Rapid Circular Contracting. https://www.pianoo.nl/sites/default/files/documents/gerelateerd/fs_40-rcc_-_rapid_circular_contracting_-_innovatie_gericht_circulair_inkopen.pdf. Accessed 20 March 2023
- Platform CB’23. (2021). Circulair inkopen. https://platformcb23.nl/images/leidraden/Platform_CB23_Leidraad_Circulair-Inkopen_versie1.pdf. Accessed 20 March 2023